10/02/2018

Back on track with cat attack!!!

 Arm is healed, beaded bird book is done until I get new printer cartridges, granddaughter visit is over and I'm bored and ready to dive into something different....  No beads and no jewelry for a while and I'm super ready for a change of pace so I have hauled out "The cat" with a capitol T and determined to tame this one.  I had used my nifty method of transferring the cat image to the back and basted to the front. 






 Today I basted in some tentative line for the grain of the fur and am ready to start.  Now that I have been away from it I can see some fine tuning needed on the eyes first thing. 









Sometimes a break from a project when I am dragging gives me a new approach and energy to get going again.. 
I am determined to work in shorter blocks of times.   In addition I am really missing painting and looked for something happy that could be done on larger MOP discs..  I haven't done any OOAK Santas for 2 years and what could be  happier painting than Santas...... the perfect alternative to working black on black.  These were done in 2016.


I've kept the beaded bird book out just because I love looking at it...  That is the most scrumptious, luscious, lavish, incredible, fabulous brocade I have ever seen. Do you think I like it? Waiting until I get new ink cartridges to finish printing the narrative.  Current cartridges are almost  dead   and I want a nice crisp image.



4 comments:

justanitzybitcrazy said...

The Bird book is fabulous. A great piece to leave out on the coffee table for all to see. It's nice to see you finishing your UFO projects and I look forward to seeing the spider / cat bag when it's all done.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love your bird book the binding is dynamite!

gocrazywithme said...

Love the bird book! I've missed visiting your blog for months, and just took some time to catch up. Glad your arm healed well. I loved reading about all your family visits and menus and purses and everything! If you want more girl-with-doll blocks, I have a suggestion: Piece the blocks and send them out to stitching friends to be embellished. Sort of like how the English aristocrats used to send children out to another family to be fostered, or like boarding school. You stitched a bird block for me years ago, and I'd be happy and honored to return the favor. I'm willing to bet you have other friends who would feel the same way....

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your Santas are amazing - I simply can't imagine painting anything with such detail in that small format. Looking forward to seeing The cat as it progresses too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts