10/07/2018

Loving "The cat" and new Santa Image

I finished "The cat" last night and it's going to fit nicely.  It is just pinned in now and I will tidy the edges when I attach it.  I want to enlarge some of the webs as I'm not happy with them so close in size.  Then I can move on to the ribbon flowers which were mostly done from last spring when we went with Morris on his vacation to the sea..

The needlework is not as neat as I would have done in the past but I can let that go easier now.




Most of my larger CQ blocks are mounted on stiff pellon so I can pop them in a tote bag  and take them anywhere to display on stands.  I did this years ago when I was speaking at retreats and it worked well.  But I have three that were never finished that way and I am speaking at the Idaho button society on Wednesday and want to take them along to show how I use buttons.. besides just painting them. . I can't quite remember how I did it so will have to go back and refresh my memory at the tutorial I did then and maybe edit it a bit...



We had a going-away dinner for my granddaughter last night.  Her fella flew down from Alaska and it was the first time we met him.  They seem very well suited which made us happy and relieved.  I had the camera sitting right by my plate and still forgot to get a picture of them together.


Today is rainy, chilly fall day and a good day to paint so will start on my Santas.  I found another great face image  on Facebook.  Actually my niece posted it and it is her husband  Chris at Oktoberfest in Germany.  But he has the twinkle and great eyebrows..

It has been a hectic busy two weeks and I'm ready for a quiet rainy day painting as next week looks to be intense also.

3 comments:

Shirlee Fassell said...

Busy life! Plenty to keep your creative juices flowing!

justanitzybitcrazy said...

The cat turned out purr---fect ;) Great progress!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your cat looks great and will be looking forward to seeing the Santa you create from the model.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts