10/26/2018

Time to pick up the brush.....

Last spring it was getting harder to paint as my eyes tired so quickly.  I had Madison's wedding stuff to work on and then there was Morris's vacation and then time to work outside in the garden.  Then I broke my arm.   I pretty much decided to let the Etsy site sell out and shut it down.  The orders kept coming in and I am about down to 30+ buttons on the site..

But I do miss painting on my little buttons as I've been doing it for so many years... Then I spoke at the Idaho State Button Society recently and they received my buttons with such enthusiasm that I decided to rethink the entire problem...  It was a definite boost to my spirits ..The garden is put to bed, I can't drive so I have long winter hours to fill at home,  I love painting the buttons and decided if I only paint during the daylight and discipline myself to short periods of painting and actually quit when I start losing focus and getting discouraged (that will be the hard part) ....I could do this. I can!   I can! I think I can!  I will try anyway...

So I made a partial list of buttons out of stock and the list got longer and longer.  I decided to start with my favorite things on the list and go from there... You notice cats and iris are not on the list.  I struggle with both.  I have a tray of cats partially finished and will complete them and no more cats for a while... It's too late to think Christmas so will start with Valentines and Easter buttons...first doves ...I haven't painted doves for a long time and ..................maybe castles and barns... I went online and ordered some more brushes...   

Now a bit if good news.  Every visit I dread seeing the retina scan...any red or white indicates bleeding and swelling.  The right eye continued to worsen and had failed to respond to any available treatment.  As a last resort the doctor inserted a slow-release steroid implant 6 weeks ago and all that green was a welcome sight. Here is the before and after.   Does not improve vision but slows the decline.

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

So glad that you had some good news about your eyes! I simply can't imagine how you manage to do all you do - and painting on little wee buttons has to be the most amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts