5/26/2010

Progress on Diane's Stumpwork block

I haven't posted much stitching because I haven't had much time to stitch... I finished the hummingbirds and the vine and now I'm "down to the wire" You will notice the hummers have no beaks and aren't stitched down yet... I will add their beaks after they are stitched.

Working with wire will be a new experience.. Can't decide whether to do a "real" flower or a fanciful flower... I love the texture of the fly stitch leaves which is new to me and also the Portuguese stem stitch. I struggled a bit with that stitch to get a rhythm and I'm still not sure I'm doing it right but like it anyway.. Isn't it a soft look? I love following Cobi.....

I was able to pick up on Cobi's vine approach and also echoed her colors...
This block will go out on time even if nothing else does.....

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I love your birdies! Are you going to make some flowers too!

Diane said...

Oh, Gerry, it's lovely. There's such a lot goes into stumpwork and I appreciate every stitch of it.

Cathy said...

OMG, your birds and vine are just delightful! Like Diane, I appreciate every stitch. I also appreciate that I am not in that RR, because you are waaaay out of my league! Must get brave and tackle some of those techniques. Hugs, Cathy

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Your hummers are gorgeous! (even without beaks, lol) Your work and Cobi's looks like it was done by the same person - great continuity!
Hugs,
Kerry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts