5/03/2010

Buttons and Lisa's block

These buttons are off to Susan E. today and hopefully one will find a place on her "Alice" block. I actually did these buttons 3 times... The first time there was too much imagry on them and the clock effect and numbers were lost. So I sanded them down and did them more simply and liked them....but I had used a permanent marker to do the numbers and when I sprayed the glaze the ink dissolved and it was a mess.

So the third time I tested all my sprays and all my markers. She had said she might do a "Dali"esque block and I thought maybe the black and white might be useful... If I were applying these I would couch them in gold cording and add something for the winder at the top.....

I made a start on Lisa encrusted DYOB and since she wanted a garden theme I started with a lace arbor... I have no plan for this block (except for a bunny somewhere in it) and will let it evolve as it goes.

This will be my "airport" block. I'm going out of town next week and it involves 3 planes both coming and going and many hours of waiting...several 2-3 hour and one 4 hour wait... When I use my frequent flyer miles they always give me the very worst connections..... So I expect to finish this block in airports..



5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gerry
I am certain that Susan will be thrilled with your buttons. I am just as sure that they will find their way on the block.

Susan is a lucky duck to receive them too!

Lisa Boni said...

Love the arbor you've added to my block!

Great buttons you've made for Susan!

Susan Elliott said...

YOU DID IT!!! You figured out a way to add the Rabbit back in by putting him ON the clock!!!! You are BRILLIANT~! I have JUST the place for it...I am very very honored to have such a generous and talented BNF! I'm not sure how to repay you but, trust me, I will be searching for a way...You have outdone yourself and I am very grateful. Much love and jump-up-and-down-and-run-around-the-house-so-Jack-asks-what-is-up happiness, Susan

Cathy said...

Gerry, beautiful buttons! Susan will be thrilled. And the lace arbor is a fantastic idea.... Hugs, Cathy

Unknown said...

Love those buttons. You definitely tapped into Wonderland imagination.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts