5/19/2010

May's BJP progress

I did get started on May's BJP while I was in Alaska but I have no hopes of getting it done by the end of the month... I have 2 other projects that need to be postmarked before May 31 and this can wait and be late. Stitching time is practically nonexistent this month competing with absolute necessary outside chores...

We have both the Western Bluebird and the Mountain Bluebird in our area.. It is usually the red-breasted Western Bluebird that have nested here although I haven't seen any this year.


A nice note today...the double columbine are blooming and so are two of the species clematis...which are finally becoming more available.. I saw signs of growth on my very-difficult-to-transplant Harison rose and all the herbaceous clematis have survived (which are rarely seen on the market) and I want to transplant them closer to house so I can enjoy them but have no idea WHERE!!!



There are spectacular small-flowered clematis and if you choose wisely you can have blooming clematis from May to October. My absolute favorite is "Duchess of Albany"

And when the sheep got out while I was gone they ate all my wonderful Crambe to the ground....hopefully it will recover as it is one of the big and bold plants I adore...

1 comment:

FredaB said...

Gerry

The double columbine is beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen a double one before. Must have a look for them at the nurseries around here.

Hugs

FredaB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts