4/25/2019

Was woman-dog once called girl-dog?

Someone wanted to know if I had contacted the animal shelter or humane society about my neighbor.  In our state these agencies do not have the jurisdiction to investigate, take action, or prosecute  anyone for animal abuse.  It is a criminal offense and if you call the animal shelter or humane society they will only tell you to call the police.   I know because over the years I have had to call the police about our neighbor.  The  sheriff's office does come out and either threatens or imposes a fine and have taken some animals away.  But they really never do anything about the basic problem because before long he again has more animals.

It should be a criminal matter because anyone who abuses or neglects animals is mentally ill and there is only a thin line before it is abuse against humans. This is always at the back of my mind so we tread carefully.  So for as long as she shows up in the morning we will make sure she has a good meal and a lot of loving...plus now I always check her ears for ticks.  I have no idea where she is the rest of the day but rest assured we will continue to watch over her the best we can.

 In a film we recently saw there  was a wonderful dog named "Woman" I wondered if as a pup she was called "girldog."  The film Woman at War is  an Icelandic production about a passionate environmental activist who wages a one-woman-war on nuclear power in Iceland. The plot, the music  and the cinematography were all superb and the final scenes spoke volumes about global warming.  I highly recommend it. 

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thanks for the info about how you care for the big dog. I was surprised that WA has do laws against animal abuse. It makes you wonder why not in THIS day and age. I don't know when our laws in Indiana came about, but I remember fighting pit bulls was a big deal (underground) back in the 70's so maybe that's what sparked ours. With our influx of Hispanic people there was also some chicken fighting uncovered in the past years. I am grateful for our laws. We have had great crackdowns on puppy mills too. They are HUGE in the Amish community here.

Thanks for the recommendation on the movie. I'll look for it.
xx, Carol

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You and your DH are angels for looking after that beautiful dog. She deserves a loving home and not in her current situation. It's so sad that people like that are ever allowed to have animals and that nothing can be done to stop him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts