5/06/2019

Idaho State Button Society Show

The Idaho State Button Society Show is just a month away and even though I have been working toward it quite steadily since Sept., I now am thinking of 101 things I want to do before that date. More detailed  information can be found on their facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/IdahoStateButtonSociety/

 It has been such an eye opener to see how the world of button collectors collect and display their collections, their  dedication to documenting and researching buttons, and best of all their  embracing of all kinds of buttons.  While all these years I've had my head in the sand ...not only wanting just MOP buttons but MOP buttons a specific size for painting... and the added delighted surprise is finding collectors might like the buttons I had been painting for stitchers of crazy quilting.

 In spite of my health issues this winter I have gradually dwindled and organized my work-in-progress buttons.  Almost all scattered on my work table  have been finished as well as the little trays piled everywhere ....full of buttons in various state of  completion.  Now I am starting to think of what is needed at our sales table and it's also time to start adding finishing touches to my slide presentation.  I am really excited..

But I still have time to cook and garden and revel in all aspects of spring...one being gathering flowers from the garden for a table.  These   were the last hurrah for daffodils but looked OK still with the lovely yellow mahonia.  I have the little goldfinches from years ago when little mushroom birds were popular.



And the other big 1st every spring is  the first rhubarb pies and yesterday was the big day and noted on our calendar dairy..  It is DH's very favorite and I will be baking a lot of them for the freezer.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I’m so glad you’re still painting buttons, and look forward to hearing all about the ISBS show. Our rhubarb has just started too. I share it with my cousin Kim and we’ve each made a pie so far. Both of us made cherry-rhubarb with leftover frozen pie cherries from last year’s Farmer’s Market. I mostly make a rhubarb-strawberry compote which freezes well and keeps our rhubarb craving in check all year!

Momma Bear said...

It's always strange to see how the growing pattern of this state progresses. you on the other side of the mountains have a later spring but out strip us on east side with how fast you all catch up and then over take us. our weather may be less variable but is not as conducive to veggis. everything takes longer to fruit. but my your table looks fine!
I love to see the last daffies. ours have long been gone though there are a few tulips hanging on in the shady spots.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can only begin to imagine how much fun it would be to go to the button show - I would be in heaven I know. And rhubarb pie is a long way off here - maybe in the next couple of weeks. It's one of the things I miss about not having a garden - one of my favourite pies too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts