3/06/2019

Post with three threads

I had to think a bit in how to pull all this together because this post really has three separate threads that end up weaving together.

First last August I wrote a post about my quest to add more beans to our diet and I am always on the lookout for new recipes.

Second Saturday DH game home with a package of beautiful locally grown lentils that I am eager to try.

Third  when I have my sister out for lunch I try to fix something that not only fits into here diabetic diet but also something that would be different which she wouldn't try herself.

So with my lentils in mind I went searching for a enticing
lentil soup recipe but instead ran across this cool site.... Lucini Italia ... gourmet Italian recipes and the first one I see is this black bean/lentil salad.  Good for beans, good for lentils and good for my sister who is coming to lunch on Saturday.

The recipe calls for mango which right off I do not have but do have some fresh pineapple.  I will serve it as a side to a piece of broiled fish.

Ingredients

1/2 cup mango, chopped
1 cup black beans, canned; rinsed and drained
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1/2 cup lentils, prepared
1 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons Lucini® Robust Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Instructions

Mix ingredients well in serving bowl. Chill for 20 minutes and then bring to room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.

Recipe By: LUCINI ITALIA

Lucini's work with small regional farmers, celebrated chefs, health and wellness experts continues to provide us with an unmatched selection of ingredients and gourmet recipes to share.

Now back to the site to see if they indeed have a lentil soup as well....

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That looks good Gerry! I've only ever cooked lentils once and that was years ago when the boys were still home - they absolutely hated them and I've never used them since. Maybe I'll have to muster my courage and try them again!

Shirlee Fassell said...

I really like beans but my DH Isn’t a fan. It is temptingly though! Gerry are you painting buttons again? I found a great MOP that I would like customized with my chop on it if you are up for a commission!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts