3/09/2019

DH is leading a tour to Seattle this weekend with 38 Japanese teenage students... so I'm on my own and in charge of critter feeding.  The shrubs were alive with twittering birds waiting for me.  I had cooked a big pan of wheat berries for the chickens and added a big bunch of fresh spinach as well as their usual supply of meal worms and layer pellets.

But I didn't get out until about 7:30 and there in the fresh snow were tracks that told me the neighbor dog had already been here looking for DH and Morris to walk.  Her footprints are about four times the size of one of Morris's.

She came back later when I was out again and was leery of approaching me and checked me out  from a distance while I was taking some photos.   Finally when I called Morris she came as well and let me sweet talk her and massage her ears..

I was in surgery for seven hours and the surgeon said to expect mental side effects from the anesthesia for several months and he was so right as I have little mental glitches and gaps which are so irritating.  Especially when I am trying to work through a problem.  I have been painting buttons and have lots to put on the internet but my photo editing software was only partially working on the old computer.  I first thought I had corrupted it when I was trying to back up on another computer earlier this year and then I thought it was the computer itself and just kept trying things until finally I discovered that it was the keyboard that was malfunctioning... So Amazon is sending me a new keyboard on Monday and I should get back on track..  It took me hours and hours to figure this all out because my brain just doesn't go from A to B to C and I blame it all on the anesthesia... a good scapegoat now for everything I forget...

We had a really warm day on Wednesday with bright sun and it melted some of the snow away from the foundation and there to my delight were daffodils coming up through the snow... they are a little anemic looking but bless their hearts as it really is MY sign of spring.  That is an icicle next to it that has fallen from the roof.....

3 comments:

Momma Bear said...

I love the first brave shoots of spring that pop up as soon as the snow starts to melt! Though to be fair they were coming up before it snowed this year then got buried several times over the last month, so good on them for persevering!

Catherine said...

Spring is well on it’s way in this part of the UK. Our snowdrops in the garden are over but now the narcissus, hyacinths and small iris are blooming. Ŵe had fantastic weather a couple of weeks ago with sunshine and unaccustomed temperatures but this morning promises sunshine and showers with gusty winds. It will be a day for staying in and cooking the Sunday lunch. I will probably be starting a new embroidery piece this afternoon and then choir practice at 4.30pm. Enjoy your day whatever you are doing.

gocrazywithme said...

When I had a hysterectomy many years ago, it was after a really bad episode of hemorrhaging. I kept making stupid little mistakes. That was back when I was doing antique CQ restorations, and I would meticulously restore a patch only to realize I had left the little gold safety pin (that indicated a patch to be restored) in the original fabric under the replacement piece. I can't tell you how many times I did that over the course of a month or more, and each time it made me so mad at myself. My husband said he thought the blood transfusion had come from a blond (which wasn't very nice of him), but I think it was a combination of anesthesia and blood loss. What's my excuse now? Wish I knew....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts