12/07/2018

Where oh Where Again.... and new projects.

Well " the lost is all found" didn't last long and I am looking for my special tweezers I use to pick up the tiny button backs...  They have a curved tip and I will have to get another one as it is one of those  necessary tools.... not expensive but necessary...

And I asked for button image ideas and received several possibilities..  One is Raggedy Ann and Andy..  They were copyrighted eons  ago and are in public domain now supposedly but it is kinda murky waters I think, but since I love them I will add my version to the mix...

Also got a suggestion for a baby panda and   I am already tossing that idea around. Another suggestion was a dragonfly and I have tried that a couple times and it is a difficult image for a one inch button.

In the mean time I was going ahead with a raven and a few other birds that are star performers in my garden... When I start any bird the very first thing I do is hit the internet for a little research.  Besides colors, each bird has an eye,  a bill, and feather patterns  all of which are species specific and so I make sure I have all this information.


I was also interested how the black on black was handled by others and for this design I was especially interested in a raven's feet.  The last time I bought paint I got a good selection of greys with this project in mind.

I also made a list of birds that not in my area that I want to try...



3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Love the idea of a raven, because they're very close in looks to a magpie (without the white, of course). Looking forward to seeing your rendition.

Marci said...

I love Raggedy Ann. In the books her owner's name was Marcella, the only place I saw my name in print. For years, fabric with Raggedy Ann couldn't be printed, because of copyright. I've seen a few fabrics the last few years, so I'm hopeful I'll get to see Raggedy Ann buttons.

Momma Bear said...

Sometimes in certain light My crows get colorful like an oil slick in the sun so little touches of green, teal, yellow or red would not be out of caricature along wing edges.

Flora ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts