9/06/2018

It's in the bags!!

Tuesday was senior day(30% discount) at my favorite thrift stores and my thriftin' friend and I made our rounds of our favorite stores and finished with lunch...

As usual I had a list and did pretty well.  High on the list were two-part frames in  the smaller 3X5" size.  These are not that easy to find so finding two was great... Didn't find a medium sized bread board in good condition.

A new bag for winter was high on the list... As long as I can remember I have ALWAYS carried a purse and a sewing bag,  Any overflow from the purse went into the sewing bag.  Since I don't carry a sewing bag anymore, I've had a terrible time finding the perfect purse. If everything fit the bag it is too large  and heavy.


I found this brand-new one for $3.99 and the retail tags were still on it.  This is not uncommon at a change of season when retailers clean out before the new stock.
When Coldwater Creek had its catalog store just north of us we'd see a lot of their unsold stock in thrift stores at the change of season.  Unfortunately they are no longer there and it was my favorite brand.








But this one has all the things I like..at least three interior sections and two outside pockets.  I should be able to keep everything organized which I love. 









I definitely wasn't looking for a purse for next summer but found this which was also new and too good to pass up.









It also has three middle sections and three outside pockets as well.  I had one very similar cloth purse that I carried this summer.  I loved it but it was just too small.  This one will be perfect.  So I can take "purse" off my list for a good long while.




What I did also buy that I absolutely did not need (and was NOT on my list) was this tote that is totally encrusted with beads.  I have a granddaughter who will love it though...




A word or two about my dear  Morris who is now approaching 9 years of age.  Besides being a foodie, his  goal is to get as many tummy rubs as possible into every day.  As I type he assumes this "tarty" pose across my feet.. He then makes a squeaky noise just in case I hadn't noticed him.  He spends a good part of the day in this position where anyone moving from room to room can stop for a tummy rub or two...and we do!!! It is possible to type with one hand and rub his tummy with the other hand.




2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh!! Morris is NINE??? I remember when you got him and you posted about him stealing your bras and dragging your throw rugs around. Time DOES fly!! You really did steal those bags. Our thrift shops seem to think items are made of gold. I have seen used items selling for close to what you would pay for them new in the stores. My daughter is the thrift store queen though. If there is a deal to find, her nose sniffs it out.
Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Finding THE perfect purse is definitely an art. I've never been a person to have several bags so I can switch them up with different outfits - mainly because I can never find ones that have all the features I prefer. I consider myself blessed when I 'thrift' one that's perfect and then I wear it into the ground. And you're right- how could anyone resist obliging with tummy rubs when confronted with such a cute tummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts