1/30/2014

If money were no object!!

Our old worn sectional couch had to go and I looked at thrift store and on Craigslist for something to replace it...  But everything now is so huge and overstuffed and totally inappropriate for our old house....  So I finally settled on a used sofa with a Victorian look for the end of the room... Now there was nothing for the dogs to sit on to look out the window and this would never do. 

Of course something like this old chaise would be perfect except for the price..
 

Then I ran across a "Victorian sitting bench"....arms on both ends and no back..... perfect except for the price.








So when I ran across this I knew I could make a Victorian sitting bench that would be perfect for the dogs and  off I went to the barn to find 2 old wooden folding chairs that had been destined to be returned to the thrift store from whence they came years ago....





Stay tuned..... to see these chairs transformed for Morris and Molly to watch the birds again.....

 










 

6 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Oh, yes! This will be grand!

Susie Wolfe said...

I'm pretty good with a staple gun ..... do I see an upholstery project coming next week??
SusieW

Marilyn said...

Your barn is a wondrous place and your creativity matches :). I have an old, ugly, "sand beige" typing table by my chair for all my stitching stuff. DH made a shelf for the bottom and I have a small set of drawers in it, and under it a small foot stool on wheels that rolls right under. So hopefully this summer I can get everything painted, and maybe even make a cq cover for the footstool.

gocrazywithme said...

I have a feeling this is going to turn out great!

crafty cat corner said...

I love this, ingenuity required here and you've got it in bucket loads. Can't wait to see the result.
Briony
x

margaret said...

your barn is holding a mutitude of useful things that you transform

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts