1/14/2014

FANtastic

Working with great focus now on the suffrage blocks and making many changes and additions... Most of the beaded fans will be added once it is sewn together but I have added a couple here and there... Here over a problem spot where the tatted lace ended.

Have taken a couple seam treatments out completely but mostly just adding more runs or beads to them.












I had beaded this fan to fit on this specific odd shaped patch and I do like it there... But I'm not all that happy with the crocheted leaves beside it...in fact I'm not that crazy about the rose either....  Maybe I would like the rose with silk leaves.  Some of these things I added over a year ago and I'm seeing them in a new light.... It's all mostly fine tuning now...


I just did a tutorial on stitching birds... Drop by block talk and see it...







6 comments:

Lauri said...

I agree about the crocheted leaves. They need to be daintier and maybe have a gold tone to them
Your quilt will be beautiful when it is done. I hope to see it in
person someday :)

margaret said...

It all looks good to me, I would be happy to have one looking half as good as yours, so much to see and admire

Marilyn said...

I'm getting really anxious to see it all done now, with new and improved and changed embellishments. The crocheted leaves seem to detract from that gorgeous trim under them. But I'm sure you will come up with a wonderful solution. Its amazing how something you thought was great at first changes when you view it some time later. I just took out a whole section that I had done on a block - even when I listen to the block I still get it wrong sometimes.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Looks great to me but a grey silk ribbon slightly gathered and tucked under the leaves would pop them and they would not blend in sorry for adding my 2cents!!

Susan Elliott said...

Fine tuning is the fun part isn't it? I liked Shirlee's idea. And I haven't forgotten your question about an online source for black dupioni (and taffeta!) With absolutely no reservations and utter confidence, I recommend Delectable Mountain Cloth in Brattleboro, Vermont. If you sent Jan pics of your quilt, she would love it and find you the PERFECT cloth. She is a cloth aficionado in a world where they are few and far between.

NickiLee said...

Am loving all the fans! You are ever so inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts