3/18/2010

Momma Pearl and lamb

I could tell Pitiful Pearl was ready. She was pacing, pawing the ground, going down, getting up etc. and I just sat with her telling her it would be over soon and indeed very soon her water broke... On the right the lamb had just landed on the straw and was still in the birth sac... I held my breath until I finally saw a little wiggle of life. Momma Pearl started at the head for the all-over clean up....
Within minutes the lamb was trying to stand with gentle nudging from Momma Pearl.. and the cleanup continued and the big search for the teat began with the lamb sucking on anything and everything, including my finger, until it found the magic elixir.
And to make the day even more perfect, I FOUND THE DOOR!!!!! It was too heavy for me to move but a friend is coming in the morning to help me... A big-time day for memories!!!!

5 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I am green with envy Gerry! I miss my spring babies so much!
Hugs,
Kerry

Ati said...

Oh Gerry this is great. I do miss the sheep and the fragrance of newborn lambs.I have to go to the neighbours soon ;-)
Now the Spring has started at your place !

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Congrats! Still waiting for ours :)

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear lambs are coming. How many do you have? Precious babies, I just love their little faces! Suzie In Idaho

Lori said...

Neighbor across the street should be having newbies very soon! goats I do believe, along with the chickens, roosters, dogs, cats and rabbits! Spring! don't you just love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts