3/28/2010

Home is Where the Heart Is!























I'm finished with Cobi's block for the Stumpwork RR.... Cobi wanted "romantic". I just had to name this block "Home is Where the Heart Is" and there is a little gold heart on the side of the nest... I had gotten kinda carried away with leaves (all Susan Elliott's fault) using floss leaves, silk ribbon leaves and then I added silk organza leaves and wasn't sure about that many leaves so I set the block aside for a few days... I was right so I ripped out all the silk organza leaves today and now I'm happy...

I was going to plump out the nest with some of my sheep's wool but decided since this is going through customs in 4 different countries that I didn't want anything that would set off any alarms...so I used just quilt batting. I missed catching the reflections on the cottage button....sorry!

The home theme is kinda fun... I could see adding a bee skep as another home to this block and maybe a squirrel or owl in a tree or spiders on a web....my mind just carries on by itself but I'll just have to let this one go now..... Sometime it is hard to let a block go!!!

Below is the entire block and I did use a bit more than my allotted 1/4 but that happens sometimes... I have all my stumpwork books out now and want to do something using a different stumpwork technique on the next block..... getting the 3D effect is fun!.


7 comments:

Cathy said...

OMG - another gorgeous work! Your ideas never cease to amaze me. Wish I'd gotten in on this RR - what a great learning opportunity. Hugs, Cathy

Lisa Boni said...

Stunning Gerry! I think this bird in the nest is more beautiful than any other thing I've seen done in any round robin to date!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I really like the branches! The darling little bird is lovely, nest is so sweet. Suzie in Idaho

Arlene White said...

Stunning work, can't wait to see it up close, oh goodie, I'm next to get cobi's block.

birds, wow i will have to get my head down for this one.... Very nice work Gerry.

Arlene

FredaB said...

Your work is just lovely on this block and I bet Cobi wil hardly be able to see it first hand. I also love your painted buttons. You could open a business just with painting buttons but then I guess it would take al the fun out of it.

Great job.

Hugs

FredaB

Ati said...

Beautiful, outstanding!! Your birds and nests become more beautiful every time you make one.
I have to sign in for a RR again soon ;) ( grin)

Susan Elliott said...

I am SO jealous of Cobi!! Your work on this one is...dare I say...over the moon! And since tonight is a full moon...something cool might happen.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts