11/01/2009

Lines & Progress

I was able to get more done yesterday than I thought. I had decided on this lace but felt the edge needed one more element to define it and am adding the black velvet ribbon.

I really like at least 2" of foundation beyond the edge of the block. The white basted line you see is the actual edge of the block and the red basted line is the STOP!!! line for beads for it is the seam line for assembly. I wish everyone would mark their STOP! line on their blocks....

I like to repeat and echo elements and colors. What I chose to repeat from the front of the block are the red "berries" and I've also repeated them on sections of the fan.


Since I have all these new threads I am trying them all along with my tiger tape which I love (Thanks Kerry) On this little fan so far I have used linen, silk, rayon, and cotton threads.. The rayon is pretty but I'm struggling with it as it wants to unravel. Silk is still my favorite for smooth stitching. The linen is fragile and will fray if the threads are too long. Of course the cotton is my standby for colors because I have a million skeins of the stuff...

We missed the bridge tournament yesterday unfortunately. I was speaking at the Washington State Sheep Producers convention in the morning and the time went waaaaaaaaaaaay over on the two speakers before me.. We knew it was going to be close.. But we're playing today...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts