11/14/2009

Challenge Block Ending

On the upper left I finished the cascade of violets, rebeading the butterfly and beading the hanky edge. I wasn't happy with the beads I had put on the butterfly so I took them all off and started again... It's odd that beads look one way in the tube and entirely different beaded up.


But I am particularly pleased with the cascade of violets and will use that technique again. I had a lovely variegated silk ribbon and used it along with 4 other shades of violet ribbons. I started with actual violet shapes and then just filled in with violet ribbons to get the feel of a "bunch." Now the upper right is the spot I have saved for very last...


It was this vintage post card with its birds and pansies that have been my inspiration all along. I do so want to capture the feel of the pansies on the card There will be very little stitching time today and tomorrow which I regret because I am so close to finishing,,,

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous!

Ati said...

I think this one becomes one of my favorite blocks. Just love the colors and how you made everything so well together!

Cathy said...

This is one amazing block! Can you post a larger picture so we can see the detail? Even when I click on it, the size remains so small, and the block is too beautiful not to study!! Hugs, Cat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts