12/27/2023


 I always enjoy the quiet that comes after all the frenetic Christmas activity is over. The first couple days I just want to  snuggle up with my dog.  That  only lasts a couple days, and then I'm bored.   I want to have a project besides cleaning closets or drawers. There are a few that are coming to mind. The days are getting longer now AND just thinking about it  lifts my spirits.

  I tried something new Christmas Day. I marinated the turkey in buttermilk.  But I can’t see that it made any difference. Since I had extra buttermilk, I made some delicious buttermilk yeast rolls, which was a new recipe.  

 The only thing I will do for a few days is rotate my amaryllis.   Last  year was the first time I bought amaryllis that were encased in a plastic wax.  You don't have to pot them for water; they just grow.  This year I specifically looked for the same kind of amaryllis.   I moved them from spot to spot.  They will last and bloom until Valentine's Day. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts