10/27/2023

"Ban Boring Breakfasts ."

 Thought I would share my progress with "Ban Boring Breakfasts ."  I am doing pretty well.  The first one was corn fritters with leftover corn on the cob.  They were delicious, but next time I would add more peppers and top with sour cream.  


The second one was ricotta orange crepes. For the filling, I just added some orange marmalade and orange zest to ricotta cheese.  After I used it to fill the crepes, I made a sauce of marmalade and orange juice to go over the crepes . This was my favorite. and it was yummy yummy.  Next time I will fill them with ricotta and peaches mixed. 

Then on Sunday, we had salmon with hollandaise sauce and poached eggs.  This morning I followed Flora's suggestion and made a breakfast sandwich using charred sweet bell  peppers, scrambled eggs, and prosciutto on a ciabatta bun.  But I think I'm going to pass on her husband's recipe for making an omelet.   

Next, I have some lamb meatballs in the freezer that I'm going to do something with for a jazzed-up breakfast.   Maybe on a baguette with olive  tapenade and mozzarella.

2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

I don't blame you! I love my DH and he is a good cook, I don't understand where the disconnect is! I made the mistake of eating one of them early in our relationship...it tastes OK but......I'll make my own. thank you, no.
In his defense he was a bachelor boy for 45 years.'s.f that is the worst "disagreement" our marriage has had to survive so far, I think we're good.
Nothing excuses those eggs!
I's a crime against ovum! Chickens are up in arms! or wings!

S Barton said...

Gerry it's unbelievable the meals you put out with limited vision. My mouth is always watering just reading the ingredients. Keep on cooking!
Sass in Coeur d'Alene.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts