8/05/2023

Pouch One




 
Several years ago I made a special project for each granddaughter.  After spending all that time and work, I wanted to make a pouch to protect each project.  I started collecting neat pillow shams that I could embellish to make into a pouch. Somehow this project always got pushed to the back burner; and even when we sold the farm, I still had six really nice quilted pillow shams.  Now is finally the time to use them. 


Obviously I would have done a much better job if I had done it before I lost my sight; but having it to do now is giving me a new appreciation for all the things I did in years past.  It is a joy just to sit with my needle in my hand, no matter what the end product looks like. The pillow shams are perfect because they have a lining and, all the edges are finished.  I can get two pouches from each pillow sham. 


 I thought the lace motif would be the easiest thing to start with.  But as it turns out the lace by the yard is easier to sew because the edge is regular.  I used an old piece of dresser scarf to make a flap.  I thought I was done with this pouch, but now I realize that I can make it even better with a ruffle and a little more stitching.  I had six pillow shams, and I used one for my yoga tote.  And it will take two shams to make the pouches.  So I will have a couple pillow shams left to try another project. Of course in the meantime, I will be going to the thrift store to see if I can find more pillow shams.

This project turned out quite nice and could be used as a hand bag or as a small tote.  It's definitely got my creative juices going.      

Note:  In response to a previous comment, I will try to do another post on the yoga tote when I get better at this.  Thanks for the comment.

1 comment:

S Barton said...

You'd never know your vision is impaired!

Sass Barton

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts