6/07/2013

Chatelaine - first pattern part

I did get a pattern drawn on some freezer paper and the gals can trace it when they come... I'm trying to give everything extra thought as I just hate it when I finish something and realize I missed a step that is not redoable....  The material is very soft and not a very tight weave which could be a problem in the future so I will interface it with the knit tricot. My current one is a very tight weave...almost a twill and very durable obviously since I've use it about 20 years and toted it around the world.  Also instead of making separate pockets for skinny tools like I have on my current chatelaine, I am making one sectioned pocket like on a carpenter's apron.. The overall length is 42" and it is only 4" at the widest point.

At the thrift store on Wednesday (senior day) I found a full length skirt in a nice suede-like fabric that will be the perfect backing for this chatelaine....it seems like quite often I find just what I need at just the right time.....OR ELSE I am so flexible that I make anything I find seem like the perfect thing... LOL  whatever...  I love the skirt fabric.

The pattern for the lining is slightly different because of how I do the pockets..  So when I get it done and the pattern for pockets and the needle pad I will try to put it all  on a grid in case anyone wants to reproduce it.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm sure the ladies are going to have fun with your pattern. Do you make bound buttonhole style openings for the pockets or some other method?

margaret said...

I envy the ladies who will be doing this project with you, it sounds so intersting to stitch

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts