7/07/2011

Blocks #4 and #5 with Images....

Well I finished  my goal for this week.... sorta...  This is block #4...middle left side.  the outer edges of the outside blocks are all black... It look odd looking at them individually but it will all look OK when pieced together....I am happy with all the choices I made on this block and it is ready for embellishing.

This is block #5 and will be the center of the quilt and is overall lighter in color. I am not happy at all with the piece of lace down the right side of the main image...  It is too large and overwhelming and merges with the lace at either end of it.  But I went through bags and bags and drawers and bins of lace and didn't find the "perfect" one for now... So will move on and am sure I will find something I like better to replace it. When frustrated, just quit for now is my motto...  So then I started looking for black glass vintage buttons on ebay...equally frustrating because all the ones I liked were too expensive.  I have a LOT of fabulous vintage metal ones but wanted a few black glass to mix in...

2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

if you want to keep the lace on the piece maybe if you flip it so the lace is on the other side, the lighter color of the frame will make the laces on that side pop and the big piece won't merge with the laces at that bottom corner.

I think it's all brilliant! I love this quilt so far and you haven't even gotten to the fun part yet!

Flora in bothell

Marilyn said...

Hi Gerry,

I can't find a place to email you but I went through my black buttons and found 7 glass ones. If you want to see a picture of them, please email and I'll send it. You are welcome to them if they are suitable. They are all quite small.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts