12/06/2010

Pincushion and "Big Tip" of the Day



I entered a pincushion swap at Pigtales and Quilts and today is the deadline for posting them to her and then she will remail them.... She didn't say anything that I remember about not putting up pictures so here is my entry... I don't often do swaps because I struggle with deadlines and this was no exception.


Now for my big tip of the day just in case someone besides me is hauling water through the snow to their sheep!!! If you have a vision of me trudging through the snow with buckets of slopping watter, it's not happening!

I buy these huge 20lb jugs of kitty litter with screw-on lids... I fill them with water, screw the lid tight, tie a rope to the handle and they slide right along on top of the snow slick as a whistle.... If it's soft or smooth snow I can pull two at a time... Since I have no cats I'm lucky to have some cat-owning friends to give the litter to.......

I'm home today waiting for the power company to fix the line to the pump house and hope to get some lace dyed and more button painting done.... I'm also absolutely dying to get the first stitching done on my quilt...

3 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

You are such a crack up! Kitty litter water...20lb...skating across the snow...next your gonna tell me your wearing pink boots and your tiara...

Pearl said...

Very resourceful my dear, and I really love your pin cushions, just beautiful.

Connie said...

I love what you've done here. I just ordered the Goldwork book yesterday. I had checked it out of the library about a year ago and marked it as a "must have"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts