10/28/2010

Morris the Mover

Morris spends a good part of his day wandering around the house collecting things he feels are misplaced and moving them to the living room.. He doesn't chew them or hurt them.... he simply piles them and looks for something else. By the end of the day there'll be a big pile that will include several shoes/slippers, a glove or two, toys, things he can snag from the laundry, always the dog bowls, etc. etc. It has to be the herding instinct.


Occasionally he decides to move the kitchen runner.. It is 8 ft long and as heavy as he is.. He tugs and pulls, huffs and puffs and grunts until he has it in the living room and then he collapses.. He not only has to pull it the length of the kitchen, he has to get it around a corner.. No small feat..


But the only problem is our Miss Molly is absolutely terrified of walking on linoleum and that rug is her lifeline to the front door. I know at that moment she's thinking "OMG! That little brat has done it again."

9 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is so funny!
My daughter and her boys are living with us for a while. She brought her dog, who is a brother to one of our dogs. They are German Shepherd/Rotweiller mix. Her dog collects any sock he can find and stuffs them in his mouth and carries them to my grandsons room where he likes to spend most of his time. He growls when the other dogs walk by and hurries to put the socks in his mouth. He can open the hamper lid and open the door knob to any room in the house to find stuff to gather.

Pretty quirkey!!

Pearl said...

Ha ha ha that's hilarious! I love the funny quirks our little friends have. My one little poodle keeps smacking me with his nose on my leg while I am on the computer or crafting trying to tell me hello I want to come up and see what your making? I love it, he also rings a sleigh bell I have hanging on the grandmother clock say "hey I gotta pee" Great post, Pearl

Laurie said...

How cute Gerry, I had a welsh corgi, and he was a little doll. I love the breed. Such a cute personality! I know you love your babies!

Glenda said...

Wow, that's no mean feat moving that runner! I love that Morris is crashed out on the rug after completing that task :).

Poor Molly; linoleum is clickity-clickity-clickity under the nails!

Cathy said...

KIDS..... what can you do except love them and their eccentricities. They keep life interesting, don’t they? Hugs, Cat

Susan Elliott said...

This is a riot!!!! Go Morris! What a character he is...

Marilyn said...

Gerry, I love your Morris and Molly stores. Every dog we've ever had has had unique personalities but I think the funniest one was our female rotti. One day she literally tiptoed by me and, when she got by, I saw she was trailing about 3 meters of fabric she had snitched from my sewing room. Another time she and her big brother (90 lbs vs. 55 lbs) were playing tug-of-war and he got tired and laid down. She just pulled him across the carpet. I think the funniest one though was one day when she was racing around the house and got so excited she ran into the bathroom and jumped into the tub on top of DH who was having a quiet read.

Ati said...

Great dog, I love him :))

Ruby said...

WELL, if I wasn't laughing at your post I was howling by the time I read the comments. I LOVE Morris!! My dogs are sadly neglected because so much time is spent at work, getting ready for work, and coming and going to work! Can you tell it's been a long week!! Oh well, it buys the dog FOOD. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts