6/17/2010

My New Logo




This is what I came up with for my new logo... I will do a post on logo design and show the process if there is anyone interested. Let me know.... I don't want to do it if no one cares....Anyway it is the fastest I've ever done one and a relief to have it in time for Monday.... I did not even use one of the new fonts I downloaded the other day... This one is "Papyrus" and have had it for some time and just couldn't find the right use for it..

I love this type of rose and it is synonymous with Art Nouveau.. and it actually has a name.... the "MacIntosh" rose.. It reminds me of CQ spider roses or a folded ribbon rose.. You see it a lot in Art Nouveau works and especially in stained glass work.

It is named after a Scottish Art Nouveau artist, Margaret MacDonald MacIntosh, who collaborated with her architect/artist husband Rennie MacIntosh... Unfortunately she suffered from ill health and died quite young...



This is a portion of one of the stenciled murals for which she is famous.

9 comments:

Glenda said...

I like your new logo :).

I would be interested in a post about logo design; I'd also be interested to hear how you created the banner for your blog as I really need to make one for my blog.

But if I'm the only person making those requests, don't worry about it!!

Lisa Caryl said...

Love the logo Gerry, it would be very kind of you to share how it is done. I feel so clueless when it comes to things like this. I'm always greatful for those who shar their knowledge

Lisa Boni said...

love the new logo! I'd love to see how you go about making these!

Juli said...

Great Logo!

I'm interested in logo design. I was actually thinking that it would be a nice way to label all of my quilts.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Gerry

I would be so interested in knowing how you made both your logo AND your banner.
Carol

Susan Elliott said...

It's a GREAT logo! Love the font and I was thrilled to hear the history of the Mackintosh rose. I've always liked them too since it's probably the only variety i can draw. Good luck on Monday!!

P.S. I need to design a logo myself so would love to hear your expertise.

Anonymous said...

Logo tutorial? Yes, please. Thanks for being so generous with your gift of creativity!

Magpie Sue said...

Wow, I didn't know this about MacIntosh's wife. Thanks for that!

I've always loved the Papyrus font. I've used it on some of my handouts and things (back when I was able to teach). Never have gone so far as to design a formal logo but I'm looking forward to reading your suggestions.

Rachel said...

I am so glad you attributed this to Macintoshes wife - she is often in his shadow and much of her work is attributed wrongly to him - she did wonderful work and I have had the pleasure of seeing much of it in the flesh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts