9/15/2009

Homemade Granola

These are large baking sheets of the toasted oat mixture cooling before I add the dried fruits....The house smells marvelous.

You may think that granola is an odd thing to make and pack all the way to Colorado in your suitcase, but you haven't tasted my granola... I start with rolled oats. wheat germ, flax meal, raw pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seed, almonds and walnuts...add 1 pt oil to 1 1/2 parts raw honey. Lightly coat oat mixture and toast in oven..

THEN I add dried cherries, blueberries, cranberries, raisins, dates and apricots.... My secret ingredient is Chinese 5 spice.... Of course I had to make 2 double batches as no way was my DH going to let me take some to CO and not leave him as much at least...

4 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

mmmmmm! Sounds num-yummy!

qwerty said...

Oh, that sounds terrific! Any chance you could share the recipe? :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy Gerry, sure hope that Chinese 5-spice isn"t Chinese 5-spicy!!! Debbie (maine)

Lauri said...

Nu Mom
Your granola sounds wonderful! I just wish I could eat it
See you soon
Lauri
Nukid

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts