9/09/2009

Finally the railing is out of the bushes......

Sometimes I have projects or visions that literally take years to come to fruition. This is one of them... I had salvaged this piece of rusty, damaged. decorative iron railing 7 or 8 years ago and wanted to put it on this little porch.. The only problem was that the steps on the porch were in the middle and I didn't want to cut the iron railing.. The old stairs were rotting and building new ones was more that I wanted to tackle.

So as soon as my handyman finished the chicken house, I had him make new steps.. On the other side I added some old decorative wooden slats that only heaven knows where I salvaged them. I also have another iron piece to add above that but that will have to wait til spring...I also have some old cedar shakes and shutters that I want to use out here somehow. Now I can start looking for some funky old furniture to recycle....

I am sooo happy to finally have my little railing up... This little porch faces southeast and not used in the summer because it is too hot... But in the spring and fall it's perfect not only for catching the warmth of the morning sun but because it's sheltered from prevailing winds...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts