11/15/2021



Years and years ago I used old windows and recyled wood to build a small mini-greenhouse/cold frame.  It was perfect for tender veggies before the ground was warm enough to plant.  But alas it being of old materials, it eventually collapsed. 

 I wanted something si


milar for here as the south side of the grargage caputures  the winter sun and is sheltered from the wind.  First I thought of actually buying a small greenhouse and then a friend suggested buying a greenhouse window kit to attach to the garage 

But it was cheaper by far to adapt one of Wayfair's arbor kits.  Cheaper, more durable, plus free shipping and easy to assemble. I didn't quite get it done before spring but it is at the top og the list now. 


The bed in his area by the potting bench is my biggest success story so far.  I started with a 6' round bed with an iron obelisk in the middle.  I planted a clematis and sweet peas on the obelisk and then set out to cram the bed with plants that would be compatible.  I chose iris, shasta daisies, a tall achillea, veronica, ornamental oregano, monarda, lavender , and salvia   and  bordered it with a low, compact perennial  geranium.  It was perfect and wild with bees all summer,  When I added more pavers to this area the circle became a rectangle but with a little squishing of plants it all worked out.

So in this area about 10' square I have this lovely bed. my potting bench,  the mini-greenhouse, decorative tool storage, and this great poly???? bench...another kit from Wayfair and it holds all the hoses, wands, sprinklers. etc/  This was never intended to be embellished but it now has crossed my mind...  I find myself sitting a lot  on this shady bench drinking my giner tea and watching the bees.

 


 

3 comments:

cjqlt said...

What a wonderful oasis you have created! Thank you.

cjqlt said...

What a wonderful oasis, thank you.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

ahhhh - I would love spending time on that bench too! Not right now though - it's snowy here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts