11/16/2021

color, color. and more color

 

As my eyesight diminishes it isn't as if  my world is going black...  Instead I refer to the three "Ds"  First everything continues to get dimmer and dimmer, The second "D" is distorted...everything is warped and disjointed ... the third "D" is double and sometimes more than double images. The hardest to describe are the void areas where there are holes in the retina......  There is no black, gray or anything.. just a void. When I look at someone I can see hair, ears, neck but no mouth and eyes ....just a void.  I still have some peripheral vision in my left eye which keeps me forging ahead.  I am eternally grateful for speech recognition and text reading technology.



I do not mention this to sound dismal as it is just a constant challenge to be tackled.  I mention it to explain my current absolute obsession with color.  I want it everywhere ...on and around me.  So  in addition to masses of blooms, I want color oozing throughout my garden.  I am in love with this walk and the bright totems...both of which I want and must find a way.I care not a whit anymore on the quality of what I do and at the moment am working on some birdhouses for a structure I put in last fall. No precise lines....just the wild application of color in the manner of an enthusiastic 4-year old. Years before I would have designed, built and decorated these elaboratly.  But these I bought preuilt  from Amazon and  am using sponges to paint and loving every minute..


2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

Gerry This is why you are my hero! My deepest fear has been loosing my sight &/or my hearing, both of which are genetically possible and here you are forging ahead, giving me wisdom and color! I find you very talented and brave, even though you are probably just doing what you do.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think we could all do with a huge influx of colour in our lives. I'm sorry your sight is giving you issues but you are doing your best to come up with things to work around it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts