10/26/2020

Letting my hair down ---literally!

In the summer of  2018 I posted a blog about my  hair. But actually it was more than the hair.... I was mostly discouraged with the rising cost of the   taxes, insurance, and  maintenance on the farm.  Inflation was eroding our savings and pension.  I wanted to sell the farm and move but DH was  absolutely dead set against it.  He felt leaving our home of 40 years was equivalent going into assisted living. He was about to turn 85 and most all of our dear friends had passed.  Selling everything and moving was  scary at best.

 I was always exhausted and just overwhelmed with what needed to be done. I was watching the farm was deteriorated all around me.  At the very bottom of my list of anxieties was my hair.. DH liked it short and I hated it.  It looked nice for a couple days after it was cut but quickly turned to shaggy dog ,,,,, and I resented the cost of cutting it, which also kept increasing.

Frustrated I just had to do something,,, just anything.... to feel I had control of something in my life and the easiest thing to take a stand on was my hair....and I did,  For months during the awkward stage of growing out DH kept offering  to take me to the hair dresser but I stood my ground.  He eventually gave in. Meanwhile I began a relentless campaign to convince him to move and at first it seemed hopeless.  I contacted a realtor and  began searching for houses by myself  and he eventually gave came around,   Then  I had open heart surgery which has made a radical difference in my energy level. 


Now two years later between the sale of the farm and the lower cost of maintenance on the new house our budget is much happier.  Thanks to the new bypasses in my heart I have much more energy to work in my new garden ..  DH is so happy with the new house that our marriage is once again harmonious...  in short life is good but he still prefers my hair short.  I am standing firm on that issue and it continues to grow and like Samson I gather strength from it.


 



7 comments:

kfs said...

I like it long. And you look happy.

Denise said...

You have a great sense of humor. The hair looks beautiful!

crafty cat corner said...

Rose you are beautiful and your hair is gorgeous. Like you I grew my hair and although I put it up each day I would not go back to short hair. I so admire all you do you are a great inspiration to me.
Briony
x

Lady Locust said...

Yay! Am so happy that you 2 are happy! I told my mother-in-law, change is kinda like trick-or-treaters. They can look scary, but underneath they can be real blessings.

Suze said...

You look beautiful with long hair!

gocrazywithme said...

I like your hair long too. Mine is longer than ever since it's inconvenient to get it professionally cut right now.

magicmoonmusings said...

You look GORGEOUS with your hair long and down. And with that colour top, you look super chic. Love the longer hair on you. And you look happier.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts