7/20/2020

Obelisk Saga

I had this iron obelisk for the years and tried to grow sweet peas, honeysuckle and clematis on it with no success.  I moved it anyway to the new house and "never say die Gerry" is trying once again.  I decided on a spot  for itand was going to put a circle of geraniums around the base.
 
But when the circle was dug it wasn't in proportion with the height of the obelisk so I enlarged the circle and still planted the geraniums around the outside and medium tall favorite perennials around the  base.
 
Everything has lived but it will be next season before it all starts to come together.
 The perennials I planted were iris, daisies, achillea, veronica, salvia and perennial oregano "Herrenhausen"    The geranium is a dainty small leaved mounding one that blooms profusely and remained very tidy.  Unfortunately I can't remember the variety. I planted the clematis Rosalyn and some perennial sweet peas at the base and both are doing nicely....in fact the clematis has some blooms and eventually engulf the obelisk. 
 
 Lots of plants I moved went into any odd place because I just couldn't get beds ready fast enough.  I have a lovely old iron gate (when I decide where to put it) that will eventually be the host to the perennial sweet peas which will be replaced here with a taller blue perennial at the base to shade the clematis roots.
 
I am having great difficulty with the camera on my new phone.  I didn't even want a new phone but my old one became obsolete.  I can't figure out how to downsize photos on this new phone and also they do not transfer as easily as my old phone.  No place yet to set up old computer for photo editing and even the new computer is telling me that it too will soon not be supported. When you're old and not going to live a whole lot longer your stuff should just hang in there with you until the end.

1 comment:

Lady Locust said...

How fun. It is amazing how it doesn’t look like enough plants until they fill in. Then next thing you know you’re having to pull and prune. Looking good!🌺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts