7/19/2020

Anyone there? and a new project....

It's been so long since I posted I'm not sure anyone is still out there to read it but I will try to catch up over the next few posts.

Things on the new house pretty much came to a standstill when the weather was nice enough to start moving plants from the farm and every time I go I move more.  But now it is getting  too hot to garden most of the day and I am about to get back to an inside project....namely my stained glass divider. Now this was to be the WOW feature in my new house so off I go.  I don't really have a firm plan in place and it will evolve as most of my endeavors do.

 I did graph out how the pieces have to fit together. There will be seven or eight.  I found another piece at the farm today. I will try to work it into the design.

The larger space across the top of the graph is by far  my oldest and favorite piece of stained glass.  I held by breath getting it over here and it is wrapped in a quilt under my bed.  It is about 4 feet long....and fragile



I just love to repurpose things and to be able to repurpose something in to its third life is really special.  I built  shallow shelf units about 30 years ago and we used them for display and a backdrop in our booths at flower shows.  They had shutters attached then. Still with shutters I used them for years as storage in my studio.  This spring I used the shutters in the new house and was left with the shelf units with the back screen still attached.



Today I disassembled them to use as the framework for the stained glass divider.  I had forgotten I had used metal strapping and about 125 screws to attach screen to the back of each of them.  This was originally fencing wood so rustic and so now it is rustic with a lot of holes.  It took all day to get 250+ screws out but I have a nice pile of wood....twice what you see here. I haven't a clue what the bottom section will be and how I will stabilize it but I shall forge ahead anyway.

4 comments:

AnnP in VA said...

I look forward to seeing it come together. I’m glad you’re back!

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

love the new post.. you will not believe how many times I've prayed for your health during this pandemic, and hoping you are well..please stay well and continue on, continuing on! *smiles and cyber hugs from Arizona*

Lady Locust said...

That will be stunning! I have several pieces that will be incorporated into our home. Looking forward to seeing yours all put together. Bet that will be a show stopper.

S Barton said...

I'm sure it will be beautiful when you're finished. Look forward to your posts and hope you don't go so long in between. Love to see your projects and hear what you've been up to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts