12/16/2019

Where there's a will there just might be way.

 I have enjoyed doing the blog all these years but it's getting harder and harder to handle the type on the computer and I was thinking I was going to have to give it up. But I have that will and I might have found that way.
 
 Last summer I learned how to use the voice feature on my phone to send texts and emails and because I couldn't see the letters on the phone.   It worked great. So I was wishing that there was some way I could talk to my computer to do my blog and I think I found it. So today I'm "talking" my post to my phone and sending it to me in an email and then I can cut and paste it from the email to the blog. The only problem is the voice feature doesn't always get some words right so I'm hoping all of you will be a little forgiving if there are more errors doing it this way.  When   I was just out of high school I worked for a law firm and one of my jobs was transcribing from a Dictaphone.  When I said Dictaphone to my phone it came up "dick to phone."
 
 I'm trying to get as many hours as I can  at the new house getting all the little touches done that I love done before we actually  move in. My main goal  is to  add as much color and as much light as I possibly can to my  new house. I have also ordered several storage units to help with the problem of space and getting  room for all my kitchen stuff  and this included a island cart and an extra pantry.  They are here and I'm trying to paint them both unassembled at the same time. It is a challenge to keep all the pieces separated and I'm hoping when I start to put them together that I end up with what I wanted.  The cart has 8 pages of instructions.
 
We went to see Tom Hanks in Mister Rogers and I really enjoyed it.   Especially the little song about the neighborhood. Now when I'm at the house and looking out the window I'm thinking that it's a lovely day in "my" neighborhood. I never felt I had a neighborhood at the farm

5 comments:

cq4lefleur said...

So happy you have found voice to text. It would be a shame to not be able to express yourself through the blog that we enjoy so much. I use voice to text all the time when possible. Looking forward to seeing your new home. Have fun creating happiness in your new neighborhood.

gocrazywithme said...

I'm so glad you can keep blogging! It would be a sad day if you had to give it up. Neighbors can be a blessing and a hardship; our across-the-street neighbors have been there since we moved here almost 30 years ago and they are truly a blessing to us. Some others, not so much, but they do keep things interesting.

gocrazywithme said...

Voice to text is fun. My husband uses it a lot because he has big fingers that frequently don't land on the right letters. But what the phone thinks he said has made us laugh so hard sometimes! "Dick to phone" is a good one too!

JustGail said...

I'm hoping the voice to text works, even if it doesn't quite know all the right translations. i know it will be good for some giggles. Whoever came up with the dictionary of suggestions on my phone when I'm typing does not live in the same world as I do!

Mary Ann Tate said...

My brother (he's 80) does a lot of writing for various reasons but has eyes issues due to diabetes. He uses something called Dragon. He has an Cockney/Irish/Canadian accent so it was fun a first but it seems to work for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts