1/01/2019

Recognize this pillow?

Some hospitals give them to patients who are scheduled for open heart surgery and yes that is indeed my very own therapy  pillow... I go in Friday morning at 6am.

All summer I was so tired and was out of breath going even to the barn and back.  I kept thinking how had I let myself get so out of shape.  I was due for my physical in early October and planned to bring the issue up with my doctor.  I fully expected her to urge me to get an exercise bike or take aerobic classes at the YWCA. 


Instead she set up an appointment with a cardiologist.  First there was a C-scan and then a angiogram performed.  I fully expected to wake from the angiogram with a couple stents and be good to go.  Instead I was referred to a heart surgeon who informed me that I had a major blockage in EVERY artery and a malfunctioning aortic valve so I am having a quad with a new valve...  Sounds like something you would do to a car.  I hadn't had any of the typical symptoms which I now know is quite common for women.

So I have been busy getting the house and everything in order and am as ready as I will ever be.  DH will be my 24 hour caregiver when I get home and insists he is up to the task.. The surgery is scheduled to take 5-7 hours and I have been repeatedly warned how much pain I will have... Hopefully I will not be gone long from the blog also hoping you all keep me in your thoughts Friday morning.

Now the pillow... my first impulse was to take it apart and get out beads, metallic threads and sequins but reality set it so  I only took  it apart, restuffed it properly and added just lace and trim.  I could hardly show up Friday morning with an "unembellished" therapy pillow...

16 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Will be thinking of you and willing a quick recovery. My Brother had a triple bypass and was fine after so be positive, I know you'll be just fine,
Briony
x

AnnP in VA said...

You will be in my prayers

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love, hugs & prayers dear Gerry. May surgery go smoothly, your healing and recovery be steady and complete. May your husband be blessed as he will be your care giver.

By the way, I ordered and received that magnifying lamp you told about in one of your posts. That lamp is GREAT!!

FlowerLady

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I will certainly be thinking of you and adding a few prayers for a speedy recovery. You're in good hands with DH at the helm I'm sure. Take care of you!

Amy in LA said...

Dear Gerry: I just found your post and I want you to know I will be praying for you and the team that will be doing your surgery and care and all those who love you. You sound so amazingly brave-I think I would be a mess, but you have all the details under control.
I know I am only the first of your friends and admirers to wish you a wonderful outcome of your surgery and a rapid return to excellent health.
Your friend, Amy in Louisiana

M. Hair said...

Gerry good luck on Friday. I will be praying for you to have a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

Cathy said...

I’ll be thinking of you, Ger, and sending out all good thoughts. Please post when you can to let us know how you’re coming along. XO

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Got lost there reading a bunch of your posts. You sure look cosy in your bed and I admire any woman who has two slow cookers and uses both! Got the hang of curlers yet?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh and my sincere wishes that your surgery goes well and a new woman emerges.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Dear Gerry I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Friday! When I saw that pillow the first thing I thought of was embellishing it but then you couldn’t snuggle it to well. Please post when you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

Gerry, prayers for a speedy recovery.

Momma Bear said...

Good luck On Friday Gerry, I'm Sending you all my good vibes for a speedy recovery!
I saw that pillow and my first thought was, that needs something, more.

Suzie in Idaho said...

Best wishes Gerry. Nice to know you have a wonderful care giver on hand. Wishing you a very speedy recovery. Suzie in idaho

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Sending healing thoughts your way and wishes for a speedy recovery. Hugs :)

maggie said...

Dear Jerry,
Keeping you in my prayers.

- Dianne (in Texas)

Unknown said...

You have my prayers Gerry. I just heard about this and I hope you are recovering well. If there's anything you need let me know. I don't know what I can do but I'm willing to try. Connie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts