8/01/2018

No long necks

I had wanted to find someone tall with an elegant long neck to model my jewelry for photographs to use on the new Etsy site.  Since most of my friends have a bit of a saggy chin, I had to come up with an alternate plan... The jewelry forms I have are not long enough for most of my pieces so I sat one on 2 yoga blocks.












Then I draped it with material or a blouse and found 4 lights that were flexible.  It is especially hard to photograph mother of pearl as it is so reflective.

Not until I was almost done did I realize the battery in my "smart" camera was dying and wasn't quite so smart with the color.  But I had taken over 100 photos and just didn't have the gumption to start all over.

But they are useable and I will eventually replace them.  Now I just want to be done with getting them all loaded with descriptions. I hope to be done by the end of today.





A few days ago I was looking for some positive change I could make to feel in control of some part of my life.  It didn't take long to make that decision and it wasn't a tattoo.  I had only cut my hair short 3 times in my adult life... once when I was 20, once when I was about 40 and then when I was 70... Each time I was talked into it and each time I hated it.  Well I love it for about 2 days after it is cut and then I hate it... But I am the ONLY person who hates it.  Everyone loves it short and the person who loves it short the most is my husband.

After having long hair most of my life it was like losing an appendage and I miss it, so letting it grow is my decision to make a big change.  This is definitely going to be an issue with DH. But I figure he married me with long hair (photo on left) - he can bury me with long hair 


Right now I have only missed one haircut and look a little shaggy but hope to have hair as  long as below by February..... I know as it grows I know I will become stronger.


2 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I am 72 and have grown my hair long in the last 3 years, it was short and spikey before. I do find it more of a bother to look after but I love it. You just have to find something to do with it while it is growing and resist the urge to cut it all off again, lol
Briony
x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

YUP, back to long for you. For me, it's more versatile. For me, short hair is chin length. I hate hair that I can't pull up out of the way when I am outside. Most of the time I keep my hair just about to the top of my bra strap in the back. That might be as long as it will grow, I'm not sure. My husband loves it long and I am thinking I'll just keep letting it grow. It's wavy, so I keep long layers in it though.
xx, Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts