2/09/2015

Functional AND beautiful - I love it.....

In February of 2013 I wrote about the  Asian stacking boxes I found at a thrift store.  Up until then I was keeping stuff gathered for a project in plastic  baskets I could stack to move around or clean up......functional but not beautiful.
Now I treasure them and they are a permanent part of my stitching supplies.




It was immediate love when I started using it for the ongoing suffrage project.  I had so many bits and bobs and it was a dream to be able to clear the table when needed and still have a lovely aide.
Eventually I got a second one on eBay and am using both for this CQJP project and the hanky quilt which use many of the same materials..
 
It is such a delight to set all my supplies out when working and be able to stack them away.
 
I am about to start another project in an entirely different color scheme and wanted another set of boxes so went on line last night and found a used set for $10.  They are available new at the Happy Mall ...  but I find them used on Esty and eBay for very little.  I use "Asian stacking boxes" when doing a search but they are sometimes called Bento boxes or also wedding boxes.  They would be a great mother's day gift for yourself or as a gift to another stitcher.
 
Mine are lovely but just plastic. So if I were wealthy I would definitely go for a antique one like this....only $2200.
 

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice to have something pretty for each project. I have some drawers out of a foot stool but they definitely aren't pretty. And of course the antique one makes me drool. Oh well, maybe in my next life.

Createology said...

Your little Bento boxes storing your project supplies are beautiful. I would rather not be using such an expensive antique for my everyday handling. Creative Storage Bliss...

Susan Elliott said...

I love these old bento boxes! I don't own one myself...I've always been fond of the ones that were baskets and made of bamboo. Glad to know that they're bringing you so much joy! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts