2/14/2014

Fan Round Robin blocks

Well I'm sending out my Fan round robin blocks today and they should be coming home in mid summer.  The are all the same so I just grouped 4 of them together....I haven't been in a round robin for a couple years.  I always encourage people to join because it is the best way to connect with old friends and new friends...  In this group are two dear friends and excellent stitchers... Connie Kalina and Lisa Boni.   We have been together before several  times in RRs.  Also in the group are Lisa Alff, Judy Domac and Thearica Burroughs.

Although I always send my blocks out with high hopes, not every RR is successful... Usually because of my failure to communicate among other reasons... It's import to be specific in the instructions you send with the blocks as people can't read your mind from across the miles...

 I asked for peacock colors, fancy seams, beads and gold cording, no lace, and no large trims or motifs.  I love working with specific perimeters  from others as it is always a challenge.  It forces me to try things I would have never thought of otherwise...

But it's the friends, both old and new, not the results that are important.

I want to use these along with the peacock block I hope to work on this summer so the timing is perfect...

3 comments:

Lisa Boni said...

Looking forward to stitching on your fan blocks Gerry! I too, am really looking forward to this round robin!

Marilyn said...

I'm looking forward to seeing these ones. My kind of colours and I love the fancy seams idea.

margaret said...

will be good to see these when they comes back to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts