3/07/2013

I've decided I need a "rainbow: door.

I often have "visions" that just need to incubate.....sometimes for years until there is that "aha!" moment...  This morning was definitely an "Aha!" moment... One of my guiding principles of life is "if it's ugly, paint it." (In fact I have a section of the blog devoted to this principle " http://tinyurl.com/ayxbp6z "

My house is 107 years old, poorly built and entirely ugly...  I've had plenty of opportunities to be creative with nothing to lose. Originally this was a two room-house built with used lumber and enlarged with more used materials and repaired with duct tape.  A few years back we had to replace the old front door which disintegrated... I chose a nice metal door which is not ugly with every intention of painting it but never could settle on a color...








But this morning I ran across these doors on pinterest and knew instantly I needed a rainbow door...  I love the antique quality of the first door and the second door is about the size of my door but the paint looks too new and fresh. So this will give me a fun project to mull over and cogitate about until the weather is warm enough to do it.. 


















I've "antiqued" lots of junk furniture over the years and have never tired of the look... Even though my door has some trim on it suitable for a rainbow look I can add lots more by going to one of my favorite stores... Windsor Hardware...  Then it brings to mind  that it has been about 20 years since I painted the cement porch with faux bricks and there is a pile of misc. tiles from travels that I intended for a utility shelf by the door..And I have always planned to add a zillion twinkling Christmas lights to the ceiling of the porch.

I HEREBY DECLARE 2013 THE YEAR OF THE ENTRANCE!!!!!











7 comments:

Lauri said...

OHHHHHH color! My favorite thing. I'll come help you ")
Lauri

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O Wow!! Those doors have so much character. You deserve a festive door!

Marilyn said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing how you decide to paint the door. What a fun way to greet guests who come to visit. My DH would never be able to come into our house if I did that - sigh.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Can,'t wait to see the results!!!

margaret said...

that is a wonderful old door you have, look to seeing it as a rainbow, I am sure it will look amazing.

Lady Locust said...

I love colour! I just found your blog & became your latest follower:) - what beautiful work you do.
Smiles,
JoeyLea
http://thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

Marlynne said...

Just read your colorful door blog! Love the idea and the zillion twinkle lights on the ceiling! Just have to try my hand at this!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts