99% finished.....cover for CQJP2013
This is going to be the cover for the collection of cottage blocks I'm doing for CQJP 2013... I have a few fiddly things I want to do but since I don't need it until December I can let it rest a bit... You can see how I solved the problem of the ink scribbles lower right. I am sooooo glad to have this out of my UFO basket.
I started it in 2010 and had a few problems with the design so buried it deeply in my UFO basket... Thought you would like to see the beginning... This block is quite small... on 6" x 6" but even still it took forever to do all the knots..
First I used a permanent fine line pen and sketched the cottage on silk... It would be easy to trace a cottage on silk also. You can see I had the angle on the chimney from the very beginning and didn't catch it until much later... The dormer proved to be a problem in the lace so it was abandoned.
Then I did a light color wash with alcohol inks.
Then I added the lace.. The lace on the cottage walls is a very old precious piece from Cathy Kizerian.
Remember the soutache jewelry from the other day... Well I have a huge hug and thank you for Jocelyne Ausseil who found this fantastic tuto...
Pigtails and Quilts is having a "Crazy Quilts are Quilts Too" celebrating crazy quilting and I'm pleased to be participatin...
Marilyn Nepper in Canada really got busy on her computer and found some great sites with even greater instructions... She even found ...
Addendum: Here are a couple websites with tutorials... http://historicalsewing.com/pleated-trim-jazz-your-victorian-neckline https...