4/16/2012

First bunch of leaves

I have the first bunch of leaves done... Sorry the focus is a bit wonky.... You can see I'm trying to achieve a balance between white and gold on them... enough gold to make them "goldwork" and enough white to make it airy...  The sequins are bigger than I like and as soon as I can get to town I will replace them with smaller ones. We've always been careful about combining our errands to town but even more so now with the price of gas...

It is very slow going couching the small  cord...so this is going to take a while... but I do love the look and I have some extra time on this because Janet sent it early... bless her.  She also enclosed some yummy gold fabric that I have a plan to use on Cathy L.'s block.. It looks like gilded leather.

I only have 4 more goldwork blocks left to do and I haven't done anything with the tulle and most of the braid... But when I have the next 4 done I will have goldwork out of my system...  I don't see it replacing CQ anytime soon. ...but I will be incorporating more gold and lots of these techniques in my CQ...

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Gerry, the leaves are just beautiful! And I like that you are allowing some of the white to show through. Looking forward to seeing the rest come together as you work on it.

Suztats said...

It's beautiful!

Arlene White said...

This is really taking shape now, looking wonderful Gerry.
I can understand what you mean by getting over goldwork, but I won't stop, I really do enjoy it. I'm still waiting for more blocks to arrive, but I've started planning Wendy's block.

Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com.au/

Lorraine said...

I think your balance of the gold and white is excellent. I'm getting lots of ideas with this RR!

Marilyn said...

Yum. I like the leaf but I can hardly wait to see the hummingbird. The gas prices are awful here too - when we first moved here 6 years ago it was 59.9 cents/liter. Now its about $1.18 per liter and on a fixed income we can't up the gas allowance so we don't do "Sunday" drives and such any more and go once a month to a bigger town to get some grocery items we can't get locally. Thank goodness we stop at thrift stores when we go to stock up on cq supplies :)

Marilyn said...

Yum. I like the leaf but I can hardly wait to see the hummingbird. The gas prices are awful here too - when we first moved here 6 years ago it was 59.9 cents/liter. Now its about $1.18 per liter and on a fixed income we can't up the gas allowance so we don't do "Sunday" drives and such any more and go once a month to a bigger town to get some grocery items we can't get locally. Thank goodness we stop at thrift stores when we go to stock up on cq supplies :)

Connie said...

This is going to be amazing!

Susan Elliott said...

oooh! It's looking lovely Gerry!! Go away and here you are almost finished...AGAIN! No seam treatments on this block?? Just wondering...

Cathy said...

Taking notes... and waiting for the next block which I think is yours! - Cathy L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts