12/23/2011

Fun, fun, fun

I just love whimsy so I'm going to have great fun with this project...(CQJ12) The plan at the moment, subject to change, is to line the blocks and attach them back to back so there is a big pocket... I will then attach the block "pockets"  in a long line so they will stand zigzag rather that open by pages... hope that makes sense...

I want to put the stories on laminated cards (with tabs) that fit into the pockets...  The titles will show on the tabs... "Morris and the Long Rug", Morris in the Skunk Trap", Morris and my Wonder Bra". etc.

I want to have motifs that "lift up" or "fold out" throughout the book and the picture of "wild eyed" Morris will be underneath...  You can see the kindergarten teacher creeping out here..  I want a paw path going from page to page  so I bought a puppy paw rubber stamp with a big enough image to embroider  so I don't have to draw them over and over... On the sad faced page where he chewed up Carole's template, I will have a pocket for the template.   He's just lucky Carole came to his rescue on that maneuver or he's still be in the dog house...
Also I do have a little recorder thing to sew in that I can record his bark. I may get another recorder as he makes a funny squeaky sound when he attacks DH's toes...  I also have a collection of squeaky devices which he has disemboweled from various toys which I will sew in the pages.... On the page with the picture of Morris in the skunk trap I will embroider a very happy and bemused skunk... 

I also have lots of pictures of him sleeping on his back (not so modestly) and I want to use those quite small in beds of flowers throughout... All the dogs we've had over the years, Morris is the only one who  consistently sleeps on his back...

I should do something clever with a leash but haven't decided what yet....maybe as a closure...  The nice thing about this project is the size... small enough to tote along anywhere.... and fun to think about while driving, vacuuming and walking in the forest with Morris which reminds me of the time the wild turkey chased him.... and.............


11 comments:

Mánya said...

This is going to be a fun project for you to make and for us to follow! Your idea to make an "interactive" book is just great!
(I hope Morris will appreciate your efforts and there won't be a story entitled "Morris and the CQJP2012" :-)

Faith said...

This sounds like so much fun -- for you to make and for future readers/viewers.

Marilyn said...

What fun you are going to have with your Morris book. And what fun we will have as you share it with us. I can hardly wait

Suztats said...

I shall enjoy watching this! What a fab idea. Just don't let Morris know the squeekies are in the pockets.......

Lorraine said...

Sounds as if you are well on your way with this project. I started some blocks yesterday in GREEN using lots of your fabrics that you sent me. Merry Christmas Gerry.

Anonymous said...

You may have a hard time narrowing it down to 12 Morris stories. I think you have just as much fun telling a story in your work as you do with the actual stitching .... and there is no one who does it better! 2012 will be a fun ride here on OlderRose.
SusieW

Mosaic Magpie said...

Oh Gerry,
LOL this project sounds like so much fun! There is no way you will get bored with it! You have put so much thought into such an original idea.
Merry Christmas,
Deb

Lisa Boni said...

Happy Christmas Gerry! Wishing you and yours much peace and joy this Christmas!

Blessings,
Lisa

gocrazywithme said...

This is going to be a great project. It would make a delightful children's book. How soon can you mass-produce them? Just kidding!

FredaB said...

I just love Morris and his antics. I will be watching this book come along. Great idea.

Hugs

FredaB

Susan Elliott said...

fun fun fun is RIGHT! I love all these ideas! This is going to be fun for me too....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts