6/30/2011

No company at this table tonight.....

Since I have this humongous mess of laces scattered all over trying to pick ones to use with the images on blocks 4,5 & 9, I decided to go ahead and pick out the base layers of trims for blocks 1,3  & 7 ...next in the series...  Now that the images are on I am picking up steam and may get at least most of the 6 blocks done this summer...





I had to stick in this picture of a blue perennial geranium... (all one plant) We have hot dry summers and frigid winters and these plants survive with no care and not supplemental water and spread in all the area I want them too...and bloom like crazy and have lovely foliage AND the deer don't eat them....

Lower left is my gazing ball made from mirror bits and a bowling ball..  They are glued on it with a tile mastic and have stood up to many many winters.




Finally thanks to everyone who let me know I did that hummingbird block for Ritva....  I sent her an email this morning asking if she could send it back so I could fix it....  see blocktalk post

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Your table looks like mine Gerry! Probably no dinner guests tomorrow either!
I love the geranium, what a stunning blue.
I need to go over and see what you need to fix on the hummingbird, I thought it was perfect!

Gina said...

That's the kind of geranium I need! Same kind of weather here. One year I did get a purple geranium and planted it but have not seen any since. I think the one I bought was an annual.

Mosaic Magpie said...

As if Ritva would give up that lovely block!
I have the same geranium and it just grows and grows, such an easy plant.
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts