5/14/2011

Stuff from the Barn

Not only did I still have the printed instructions with all the tips and techniques for constructing a garment from vintage linens, I actually went out to the barn and found them. ....under a bench behind some bins.... but I found them.. So I started a whole new area in my etsy shop ... "Stuff from the Barn" .... and will start adding more treasures from the barn.


Three full double-sized pages of helpful hints and techniques for assembling a crazy quilt garment using vintage linens... covering everything from supply list, preparation, and actual construction...

It all applies to any garment you wish to make.... jacket, vest, apron, or jumper. Detailed closeups and simple-to-follow instructions.

Now's your chance to make something really special with all those embroidered linens you've been collecting....especially those with a stain or damaged edge or two...

So if this is something you might want to add to your list of things to do in your spare time I listed them for sale on etsy for $3.

I did this years ago and all the good photos are on a zip drive... and of course zip drives have gone the way of film...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

If something was stored in my barn it would be mouse eaten by now. Heck, even some stuff gets mouse eaten in my house.

Anyway, would your pamphlet pertain to making anything at all from vintage linens? Maybe I will just go look on etsy. I sure have lots of vintage linens. I can't pass them by in thrift stores since I know someone took their time to stitch on it. In fact, I kind of conjure up what the people looked like that stitched the things.

I have a lot of grandma's old embroideries as well as a lot of my DH's grandma's tatting and a few linens. I want to do something with all of this stuff instead of letting it all yellow in a box somewhere but I've already made pillows for most of the next generation from the best doilies so I'd kind of like to make a lap quilt now from the rest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts