1/05/2011

Jeanne's seams only block...

Last night I put tape, braid or ribbon on all the seams...Remember she just said no lace and no beads. I'm REALLY going to have some fun with this block inspired by embroidery from India..



First I could see I was going to have another tiny corner patch difficult to seam... So I edged it with a piece of ribbon the same color (see arrow) which I will embellish and bring the tiny corner into the block. Two pieces of braid on here I bought in a sari store in Auckland NZ years ago so they have a special meaning to me.

What I like about putting braid or a ribbon on a seam is that you are really creating another seam to embellish.. Even though there will be no motifs I hope to create a very richly embellished piece...

I just love everything about embroidery work from India... the abstract flowers and animals, the color, the paislies and mirrors and the incredible richness of it... (totally encrusted).













I found a picture of a small piece of Indian embroidery using the colors I chose and set it against the purple for you to see. Aren't the little fat paislies just precious? Somewhere I have some of those little shisha mirrors as we used them in a challenge last year.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Love what you're doing with the block Gerry! It wasn't til I got home today from my favorite needle art shop, that I noticed the templates I've been saving for were Carole Samples! I love them, and will be putting them to use, starting tonight.

Susan Elliott said...

I'm here and getting caught up. I always read oldest post to newest first...I'm loving this journey so far and I can't believe how lucky you were to go to Australia...I think me and Australia would get along famously but we haven't yet met...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts