1/14/2011

Etsy Work Week

My life is settling finally for the first time since August and I feel like I can catch up on things now... I didn't think the headaches after the concussion would EVER stop but now 5 months later they are rare. My Mom is moved for the last time and her man friend passed away. It's all adjustment now.


High on the list this week is paying attention to the Etsy thing. They suggest a photo of oneself creating so here I am painting on my buttons with my vintage magnifier...


With Photoshop magic I was able to make my sagging chin disappear and thought about smoothing out the wrinkles but even Photoshop has its limits...



Here is a photo of the size of my brush.... a 20/0 liner.


I've used "panic" backgrounds for the buttons... none of which I was happy with.. But this week I'll take time and try several things to come up with something I really like. I keep thinking lace but when I've tried it was too busy for a background... so will play around with it a bit...



2010 was a very trying year but the shining star of the year was Morris... He has brought me endless joy and without him I would never find my way... When he is one year old this spring I am putting all his blog posts into a book for him.


2011 is starting out great.. I'm so excited about the suffragette quilt, the trip to Connecticut, my buttons in Pat Winter's new magazine, the AAQ entry and an upcoming visit from my stitching confrere, Cathy K. Better get out there and ring that bell...


4 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm so glad 2011 is turning out to be better for you. Your blog got me through a very difficult year. Hearing about how you coped with problems, and amazement about the amount of beautiful inspiring stitching you achieved, really made me feel better Thank you. Blessings

Lisa Boni said...

So glad things are starting to look up for you! All those headaches after your concussion had me worried. Hope your Mom is happy where she's at and can't wait to see what beauties you concoct now! Hope you have a fabulous time at the April retreat! Wish I could go to! Would be such a joy to be able to meet Susan and you!

Mosaic Magpie said...

You will have to clue all of us in on the finer points of chin erasing. Great photo of a "Master At Work".
Deb

Susan Elliott said...

After all that struggle, it just make the quiet, contemplative times more enjoyable. My brother told me that he heard a numerologist say that 2011 is a year for good fortune. I hope you get heaps...I love the picture of you working...in fact, I'm quite fond of pictures of women working. Glad to be taking some of the journey with you. I think I can hear that bell from here....xo Susan

P.S. I think the Morris book is a fabulous idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts