9/03/2010

Seams Only, Carole Samples & Good Wife Points

I'm sending off these blocks to Switzerland for the "Seams Only RR. I love doing motifs so much that I tend to neglect seams... I've had the Carole Samples book and templates for a long time but this winter they are going to be my "bible" and I'm going focus on seams this winter in preparation for the adventure in April .
I tend to use the same stitches over and over...fly stitch, herringbone, cretan, etc. Now I'm going to focus on using all the cool other shapes in her templates... I would love to live where I could take a workshop from her...
My plan is to use these squares on my cq jacket... and I've decided on this material... I've never ordered material online before so we'll see when it gets here... I may be covering chairs with it... The colors of the squares are much more olive than they photographed.
Tomorrow we're going to go to the farmers market in Coeur 'd Alene Idhao and then up to the annual "Under the Freeway Flea Market" in historic Wallace, Idaho... My husband adores these little day trips... Big "good wife" points by going...
In fact I'm doing pretty good. On Sunday and Monday I'm his partner in the bridge tournament, there are 4 pies in the freezer and space on the table for him to eat.. All things high on my litany of "good wifery" deeds.. Now I can stick my nose in my stitchery for the rest of the month... and who knows I may find some cq treasure at the flea market...

1 comment:

miss carole samples said...

Miss Gerry, you made my eyes tear up as I read your kind words about my Templates' being one of your new inspirations. THANK YOU for such a wonderful comment!! You have to know that I don't stitch very much the past two years because my vision doesn't let me do that very often, but I still have hopes of one more quilt and one more biggie Bear for a certain little Grand-lady. I'm a devoted follower of your extraordinary giftedness, even if I can't quite find the "signing-up" button. +++ Wishing you more blessings than you ever thought about. . .

miss carole samples in Omaha, impatient to be able to try painting a Rose Lady button soon.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts