9/02/2010

Report on Morris and my head!

I've neglected to update on Morris's progress.. He has developed into a happy, loving, delightful, responsible (fairly) companion... We have the house breaking behind us and also the chewing on things...
well there's the occasional chewing relapse..
And it goes without saying that any toy that squeaks must have the squeaker disemboweled and then there's the rule that any time food is given on a paper plate, said paper plate must be destroyed...

The other day I was taking pictures at the table and looked up at the same moment Morris chewed the cap off a large container of gold glitter. It doesn't show that well in the photo but there's a large trail of glitter from the top of the photo to the bottom.. Molly is watching Morris sneak off to hide under the rocker (lower right). He swore he was innocent but the glitter on his nose and whiskers gave him away...
All last month he chased the butterflies in the vetch and never caught a one. Now the grasshoppers have emerged and he wildly chases them about....again in vain.. But he did find one thing more his speed... a small woolly caterpillar....and he promptly ate it...We start the next level of dog training classes next week...
My headaches continue to improve and the vision problems abated and I stitched today...the first time since the accident... But the broken ribs are still painful and getting comfortable enough to sleep well is impossible...but it too shall pass....

4 comments:

Arlene White said...

Gerry, so happy your improving, don't worry about being late with my block I can wait for a while yet, you just get better.

As for the puppies, we have had the same problem, Rosey is now 5, and we are getting the odd thing chewed too, my paint brush was destroyed the other day.

Arlene

Marty52 said...

My sympathies on the aching ribs... getting a good nights sleep must be hard! So glad the headaches have dissapated... getting back to stitching is a good thing. ;0)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad you are both coming along nicely!

Annie said...

I stumbled across your site via the Crafty Storage website. I was surprised to see you have 2 dogs that look JUST LIKE my dogs! We have 2 corgis, Bella and Baxter, who are a little over a year old (siblings). Bella, who looks like your Morris, was the runt, while Baxter was the big ol' baked potato of the litter. I haven't posted anything on our blog in a month or so, but you should take a look! http://2corgiswelove.blogspot.com

Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts