1/18/2010

Day with special friend beading.......

She is much younger and our lives are very different but quite by accident our paths crossed and she has become a dearest friend. Simone is, by far, the most cheerful and positive person I know and brings great joy to my life.

We get together about every 6-8 weeks and bead for an entire day. She always comes to my house so I don't have to drive and in turn I make her a gourmet lunch.. Today we had Moroccan lamb and a green salad with a chocolate orange tart for dessert..

Usually I'm lucky to get one necklace and earrings finished but today I was able to whip out three. All are from mismatched beads, thrift store pieces disassembled, and vintage jewelry restyled. Some of the beads on the green necklace are beads my DIL brought back for me from South Africa.









The really good news is that once she finishes a quilt she is working on she wants to learn to crazy quilt.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh my! Your artistry just shines through everything you do. These necklaces look so rich and expensive and artsy. I'm just in awe. I want to see a picture of you (or you in person) wearing these beautiful things!!
Hugs, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts