7/04/2009

Mary's #7 RR block...












My part of Mary's block is finished with the beaded butterfly I finished this morning and now it's on it's way to Nikki. I pretty much follow my plan (see previous posts) but with a few variations... I played on the wonderful colors and stitching done by Diane and Faye and really only focused on directional elements and moving the eye and color around the block... I do think this was the perfect silkie for the block and the bluebird and butterfly were my final touches....

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love how you've transformed a "log-cabin pattern" -looking block into a CQ beauty. Looks like there was wonderful fabric and stitching to work with, and I love the whimsy the polka dots added. Of course, your directional elements and eye for composition are unparalleled (in this case, no pun intended; parallels should be banned!) What a gorgeous block - this is really One to Watch! Hugs, Cathy

Ruby said...

Enjoyed watching/reading the transformation. Hope some of that great advice sticks when it comes down to me actually working on a block! Thank you. Happy 4th of JUly! Ruby

Thelma said...

Such beautiful additions Gerry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts